I should’ve just given up when my hulu account with live tv recorded a replay of last week’s SmackDown on FS2 instead of the new episode on Fox. When I saw I wasn’t going to be able to watch the episode without stealing a family member’s cable log in I should’ve opened my computer and written a quick blog explaining that I had missed the episode and that would’ve been it. Instead I watched and was disappointed to find out just how bad this episode was. The karaoke showdown was a waste of talent in so many ways.
All this being said, SmackDown wasn’t only bad tonight, but the bad far out numbered the good. So let’s breakdown the good, the bad, and the ugly of WWE Friday Night SmackDown 7/10/20
- Cesaro and Nakamura’s backstage interview was good. I really believe this feud could be awesome!
- Bayley and Sasha are still doing some of the best heel work in WWE right now. If Randy Orton wasn’t just killing it right now they would be the best.
- Big E gave a really fun interview backstage.
- The best part of the episode was getting excited to see AJ and Matt Riddle fight next week.
- I should be noting this every week, but Kofi and Big E wearing the names of the victims of police violence is very very good.
- New Day bringing back the unicorn stampede was a lot of fun.
- Full replay of the Jeff Hardy Sheamus feud and nearly the entire toast segment from last week kinda sucked. There is no dimension to this feud at all.
- What is going on with The Miz and John Morrison? Like, I get that they are between feud’s right now but they really feel kinda lost for being some of the only wrestlers that are on our TVs every week.
- Sheamus described a beer like an alien who was trying to seem human. “Oh the hops and barley just roll right off of my tongue!”
- Replaying Braun and Bray from MITB. They were really lacking in creative this week and this just doesn’t cut it for filling time.
- Why won’t they let Jey Uso wrestle on his own? It really sucks to see him get relegated to hosting karaoke showdown.
- I get that they want to book Shinsuke and Cesaro strong and at the same time delay them getting the titles off of New Day until Extreme Rules or even SummerSlam, but non finishes really aren’t the way to do it.
- Karaoke showdown is bad and I hate it. The segment is so pointless. Why couldn’t you just schedule two matches between any combination of Tamina, Naomi, Lacey Evans, and Dana Brooke and you would’ve done better. Like not every match has to be feud motivated it is a wrestling show.
- The match between Naomi and Lacey Evans that broke out could’ve been good and worth while if they had just booked it like a match. Instead we get an impromptu brawl in street clothes. Just book the matches don’t give me a weird karaoke segment to motivate it. I hate this!